Saturday, August 2, 2008

Arrival in America


My name is Tomoya Kawano. I’m a university student. My major is international economics. Yesterday; I arrived in America, Washington D.C. It took 13hours by plane. I saw the White House, Washington Monument and so on. I ate a cheeseburger. They were so big. Everything is bigger than Japan. This is the first time to come to America. What I want to do is to brush up my English skill, go to see MLB game and eat American sushi and hotdog. . Now I’m in university of Maryland. Of course it is bigger than my university.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm so glad you are here! I don't think American sushi will be as good as the sushi you are use to. And you will have a chance to eat a hotdog when we go to the baseball game!

Nina Liakos said...

I agree with Nikki; I doubt that sushi will be as good as what you are used to in Japan. Better to try out American food! For example, I have heard that doughnut restaurants are popular in Japan, but that the doughnuts just don't taste like the ones here. Do you like doughnuts?

I bet you are going to enjoy the Orioles game on Friday! I wish I could go, too. You will have to tell me all about it.

Ai said...

Nice to meet you in blog, Tomoya^^

I'm Ai, a member of AGU 2007. How is your impression after arriving in Maryland!?

How is your dishes^^?? Last year, I also could one dish by myself, so I shared one dish with my friend,hahaha! But you can eat it by yourself at the end of the tour:D

Anyway, please have many oppotunities to use English^^!!

Ai

KANA.Y said...

Hi Tomoya:) I am a member of AGU 2007.

Yes, American food is very big for us. But they also tastes good^^

Eat and sleep well, and have big fun in UM.

Kana

Hiromi said...

Hello, Tomoya! This is Hiromi.
I'm glad to know that you arrived there safely! It really was a long trip, wasn't it?

I hope you'll enjoy seeing MLB game and talk about it on this blog, okay? :) I'm looking forward to reading it!

See you!